- YZ-inspired handling and looks, and a stout 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke producing predictable, broadband power, make the TT-R230 a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders.
- Competition-style flat seat/tank junction for great rider mobility.
- Electric start makes getting started a simple pushbutton exercise.
- A low seat height on top of a long-travel suspension and 11.6 inches of ground clearance make this a serious trailbike that's also accessible to wide range of riders.
- Steel, diamond-type-design frame means great handling and strength.
- Super-reliable, electric start, 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke puts out smooth, widespread power perfectly suited for all kinds of trails and riders.
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
- CDI magneto ignition system is ultra-reliable and nearly maintenance-free.
- YZ-type air filter for easy maintenance and maximum airflow.
- Lightweight exhaust with quiet muffler and USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
- Steel frame with compact wheelbase and low seat height combines accessibility to new or smaller riders with superb maneuverability and super-responsive handling.
- Linkage-mounted adjustable rear shock serves up 8.7 inches of smooth, progressive rear wheel travel for great bump absorption and handling.
- 36mm front fork with 9.4 inches of wheel travel provides plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
- 11.6 inches of ground clearance should be enough to deal with almost any trail.
- Aluminum box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
- Front 220mm disc and 130mm rear drum brakes for powerful, confident stops.
- Full-size 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminum wheels keep unsprung weight down, while knobby tires provide motocross-spec grip.
- Long gripper seat is low, comfortable, and allows easy rider movement.
- Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates create distinctive styling.
- Sleek fuel tank with 2.1-gallon capacity for good range and excellent freedom of movement.
- Large, folding, cleated foot pegs provide excellent footing, even in wet or muddy conditions.
- Durable fork boots provide excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.