- Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve-inducted six-speed is light, compact, and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the rpm range.
- Ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
- Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini expert.
- Owning a Yamaha 2-stroke is less expensive to maintain.
- 85cc liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve-inducted, two-stroke engine inhales through a 28mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor; seamless throttle response across the powerband is the result.
- Digital CDI ignition system puts out a more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for quicker, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch delivers maximum hookup for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
- Involute spline set-up in clutch means smoother shifting under power with great durability at competition-level usage.
- Two-piece clutch cover provides easy access during maintenance.
- Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Lightweight exhaust system design helps create a broader powerband with stronger low-end punch.
- Airbox design ensures greater air cleaning performance and easier maintenance.
- Rear subframe is removable to allow easy maintenance.
- Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability, and low-friction outer tubes and internals.
- Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression damping valving.
- 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes with stainless steel rotors deliver strong, precise stopping power.
- Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Dunlop® knobbies provide great traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
- Wide handlebar and flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide rider with leverage and freedom of movement and weight transfer.
- Wide footpegs provide superb comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Separate clutch cover with transmission oil filler opening makes for easy maintenance.
- Fuel tank cap is wider-diameter for easier usage, and large tank opening ensures fast, hassle-free refueling.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.