2014 Grizzly 450 Auto. 4x4 EPS
- Grizzly 450 Automatic 4x4 EPS has many of the same
great features as big brothers Grizzly 700 and 550,
including electric power steering, four-wheel
independent suspension, and powered by a
fuel-efficient, liquid-cooled engine.
- Yamaha Electric Power Steering provides progressive
assist at slow speeds and over rough terrain while
maintaining optimized rider feedback, superior
comfort and terrainability.
- Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo)
drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system
available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains
constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses
a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking
in 4WD mode and reverse.
- Three-position On-Command® 4WD sytem lets you
switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully
locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push
of a button. Override button allows engine to make
maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension
with WideArc™ A-arms up front and five-way
preload-adjustable shocks provides maximum
ground clearance for unparalleled comfort over
- Ground clearance of 10.8 and a composite
plastic skidplate provide terrainability and
- Advanced digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction
LCD display with speedometer, odometer,
dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission
position, clock and fuel gauge.
- A sealed rear wet brake provides powerful, consistent
stopping power with reduced maintenance.
- 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged
- Electric Power Steering system lightens steering for superior
comfort and less rider fatigue.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni® carburetor and high-output
DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine
performance at all rpm.
- Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper
assembly to protect the starter motor.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design provides superior
power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability.
- Left-side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever is easily accessible.
- Large-capacity radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and
is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45-degree cylinder angle for
maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick,
responsive steering and agility.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine
mounts reduce vibration.
- Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating
and assists in keeping water and debris from entering
the drive case.
- Tool-free air filter box for easy access and quick maintenance.
- Lightweight chassis features outstanding durability with superior
rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for
increased comfort and incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension features a double-wishbone suspension front and rear delivering 6.3 inches and
7.1 inches of travel.
- Using a newly-designed multi-disc system running in gear oil,
the sealed rear wet brake combines strong, consistent stopping
power and greatly reduced maintenance requirements.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes deliver
tremendous stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for greater durability
and more efficient power transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV joint guards help
prevent damage to boot covers and won’t dent or rust.
- Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient
water-resistant storage compartment on the front fender.
- The water-resistant DC outlet is located to the side of the
multifunction instrument panel for convenient access;
automotive style receptacle handles a wide range of accessories.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint
finish feature a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88 front,
- Available in Realtree® AP™ camouflage with a water-dipped
process for durability.
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider’s feet dry and
feature serrated floorboards for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner guards offer excellent
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure
maximum protection from the elements.
- Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high
and low beams; rear brake light.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.