2014 Grizzly 550 FI Auto. 4x4 EPS
- The 550cc class has a leader, with a fully featured
package based on its best-selling bigger brother, the
Grizzly 700 FI, with a largest-in-class 558cc powerplant,
Electric Power Steering and excellent value.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection means instantaneous
cold starts and optimal performance in nearly any
condition, from sea level to 15,000 feet.
- Yamaha Electric Power Steering provides progressive
assist at slow speeds and over rough terrain while
maintaining optimized rider feedback, superior
comfort and terrainability.
- Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo)
drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system
available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains
constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses
a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking
in 4WD mode and reverse.
- Three-position On-Command® 4WD sytem lets you
switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully
locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push
of a button. Override button allows engine to make
maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension
with WideArc™ A-arms up front and five-way
preload-adjustable shocks provides maximum
ground clearance for unparalleled comfort over
- Advanced digital instrument panel boasts a
multifunction LCD display with speedometer,
odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status,
transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- The Grizzly 550 EPS boasts the lightest weight in
its class at only 648 pounds wet weight.
- This 558cc 4-stroke SOHC 4-valve liquid-cooled engine is derived
directly from the industry-leading Grizzly 700 powerplant.
- Compact engine design features a 35-degree cylinder angle
for ground clearance and lower seat height for quick steering
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liner provides outstanding durability
and heat dissipation; 92mm forged piston is light and strong and
rides on a carburized chrome-moly connecting rod.
- Two-lobe overhead cam and a pair of needle-roller rocker
arms reduce friction by 50 percent for increased fuel efficiency
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer shaft and 4-position rubber
engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection uses a Mikuni® 40mm throttle body and
idle speed control valve to provide easy cold starts and
flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition, from below sea
level to 15,000 feet.
- Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper
assembly to protect the starter motor.
- Stainless steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields
and a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum
- High-capacity radiator with fan motor delivers maximum
cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for
- Five-position shift lever with H, L, N, R and P gates has a light
shifting feel with easy engagement, providing positive Ultramatic
- Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating
and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the
- Oil access cover allows easy access to check oil level.
- Electric Power Steering. This assist feature, pioneered by Yamaha
on the Grizzly 700 FI EPS, lightens steering for superior comfort
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass
centralization and handling; there’s a 4.8-liter waterproof storage
compartment under there, too.
- 10.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite
skidplate deliver maximum underbelly protection while
- 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear Maxxis® tires provide responsive
steering and handling and excellent comfort.
- Rugged injection-molded front bumper and CV joint guards
protect against rock and debris damage.
- Full-size chassis provides the same high level of comfort enjoyed
by Grizzly 700 riders.
- Gas charged rear shocks offer a quality damping feel and
excellent performance over a long period of time.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension with
WideArc™ A-arms up front and five-way preload-adjustable
shocks provides maximum ground clearance for unparalleled
comfort over rough terrain.
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes serve up powerful and consistent
- Direct driveshaft design efficiently transfers power while
providing outstanding durability with less vibration.
- Center-mounted, heavy-duty trailer hitch comes standard and can
tow more than 1300 pounds.
- Rugged steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint
finish can pack a total of 286 pounds combined (99 front, 187 rear).
- Fenders have a textured finish that resist scratching and scuffing.
- Large, specially designed seat is extra plush and widely
contoured for all-day rider comfort.
- Advanced digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display
with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status,
transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- Dual 35-watt multireflector halogen bulb headlights with high/low beams provide bright illumination for nighttime work or play.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.