2012 Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS
- Potent, 386cc air/oil-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single
delivers reliable, class-leading low-end
and midrange power to tackle the hardest chores
and toughest trails.
- Independent rear suspension offers maximum
ground clearance, excellent
terrainability and all-day comfort.
- Class-exclusive, three-position On-Command®
In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD,
limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential
4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
- Constant-mesh five-speed transmission with
automatic clutch, reverse and super-low
stump-pulling first gear means this is one
- Sealed wet brake out back provides
long-lasting, consistent stopping power in
even the harshest conditions.
- Full floorboards and high ground clearance
keep the rider high and as dry as possible.
- Pushbutton electric starting in any gear is backed
up by an auxiliary recoil starter.
- Huge 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear ITP® Mud Lite
tires further boost ground clearance while providing
great handling and traction.
- Simple yet powerful 386cc air/oil-cooled, SOHC engine
inhales through a heated, semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni®
carburetor for seamless throttle response and excellent
- DC-CDI ignition system ensures dependable starting and puts out
consistent spark at all rpm for optimal engine performance.
- Large-capacity oil cooler with cooling fan helps maximize engine
efficiency, even under heavy loads.
- Stainless steel muffler and header provide superior power
characteristics, exhaust sound and unmatched durability.
- Tool-free, easy-access air filter box.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine maintenance
and helps extend engine life.
- Special compact frame design uses fewer components to reduce
weight and provide lighter steering, a tighter turning radius and
- Class-leading turning radius provides maximum maneuverability
on tight trails and while working with heavy equipment.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension with 5.8 inches of travel.
- Independent rear suspension 7.6 inches of travel provides excellent handling and all day comfort.
- On-Command® drive selection with Diff. Lock lets you access full
power from 4WD locked.
- Low seat height for great handling.
- Plenty of ground clearance and a high mount air intake makes
this machine ready for muddy conditions.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes and a
sealed rear wet brake provide plenty of stopping power in a
variety of conditions.
- Reliable, low-maintenance front and rear shaft drive.
- Specially designed A-arms with removable ball joints provide
smooth operation and outstanding reliability.
- Built-in winch mounts.
- Wrinkle-finish cargo racks are super-durable and can pack a
class-leading total of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear) of payload.
- Speedometer with odometer/tripmeter adds greater versatility
and allows rider to keep track of engine maintenance intervals.
- Standard center-mounted trailer hitch can hook up more than
1100 pounds of payload.
- Full floorboards, lots of ground clearance and a high-mount air
intake are ready for mud.
- Flat-style handlebars help provide light steering effort and great
- Large front and rear fenders with inner splash guards offer
excellent mud and splash protection.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides
- Heavy-duty, full-coverage A-arm and CV joint boot protectors
help prevent damage to boot covers.
- Specially designed, thickly padded seat is widely contoured for
incomparable rider comfort.
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge.
- Mud and water-resistant automotive-type DC power outlet
powers a wide range of accessories.
- Rugged, serrated footrests provide excellent grip and rider
comfort with superb durability.
- Maintenance-free 18-amp-hour battery provides extra
- Underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum
protection from the elements and easy access.
- Bright multireflector 30-watt headlights feature wide positioning
to maximize low-light and nighttime visibility.
- Easy-to-use, handlebar-mounted parking brake and choke lever.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.