Yamaha Motorsports Home
Find A Dealer
My Yamaha Login/Sign Up
My Star Login/Sign Up
Apparel & Gifts
Parts & Service
News & Events
Try a Bike
JGRMX/Toyota/Yamaha Team Home
- Josh Grant
- Justin Brayton
AMA SX Schedule & Results
AMA MX Schedule & Results
2013 YZ/WR Contingency
SUPERCROSS / MOTOCROSSS
Davi Millsaps, #18
Davi Millsaps was one of the first riders Coy Gibbs approached to ride for his newly formed motocross team back in 2008. Three years after their initial discussions the timing was right for Davi to join the Toyota/Yamaha/JGRMX team for 2011. The team recently announced that Millsaps' contract has been extended through 2012. Millsaps will begin his second year with the team at the first round of the AMA Supercross Championship on January 7, 2012 in Anaheim, California.
Supercross (AMA Supercross Series and FIM World Championship)
450 Class (Lucas Oil AMA Motocross Championship)
February 15, 1988
- Millsaps debuted with the Toyota/Yamaha/JGRMX Team, racing both supercross and motocross. He had four top-five finishes in supercross. During the AMA Motocross Championship Millsaps podiumed at the Freestone round with a second overall. After leading the first half of moto one at Red Bud, and finishing on the podium for that moto, Millsaps injured his knee requiring surgery and taking him out of the remainder of the series.
- Millsaps was a podium contender in supercross, earning third overall for the series. He made the podium at the opening round of the motocross series but an injury at the Budd's Creek event caused him to miss the remaining races and finish the series in 19th.
- Millsaps was again a visitor to the podium in supercross, finishing 8th in the series, an injury during the motocross series forcing him to miss four-rounds relegated him to an 11th place finish in that series.
- Millsaps took his first premier class supercross win in Atlanta, the closest track to his home town of Cairo, Georgia. He would end his first full season in the premier class in supercross in fourth position. He claimed 11th overall in the motocross series.
- Millsaps began suffering dizziness and it was discovered that he required surgery to repair a hole in his inner ear. He would finish 15th in supercross and 12th in motocross.
- Davi won his first professional championship, the Lites East supercross title. He then surprised the industry by stepping up to the premier class in motocross finishing third overall.
- Davi proved himself a title contender finishing third in Lites East supercross, and eighth in 250 motocross.
- Turned professional after nine major amateur titles and winning the prestigious AMA Horizon Award at the Loretta Lynn's Amateur National Championship the year prior. He would finish inside the top-10 in series points in both supercross (ninth in Lites East) and motocross (eighth in Lites).
Yamaha Motor Home
Terms & Conditions
Follow Yamaha on:
Sign-up for Yamaha Email Updates